Opti-Seal OS56-16 - Crimp and Seal Step-Down Wire Connectors. These are waterproof* heat shrink sealed electrical connectors. These are RoHS compliant and made in the USA. There simply is no better product made.
- Color : Crystal Clear with Red/Blue wire size strip marker
- Wire Size : 22-18 AWG to 16-14 AWG (Part # OS56-16)
- Product Name : SES Opti-Seal, Heat Shrink Crimp Step Down Connectors
- Type : Window with Wire Stop, Crimp and Seal with Adhesive-Lined Heat Shrink Tubing
- Seam Type : Seamless
- Part # : OS56-16 (Red / Blue; 2-18 AWG to 16-14 AWG)
- Strip both wires, wire length 5/16" (8mm)
- Insert wire into barrel
- Crimp wire to barrel
- Heat tubing
For best results: Use heat device of at least 1000°F/538°C. Don’t overheat tubing. Don’t isolate flame. Distribute heat evenly over tubing.
NOTE : Crimping tool and Heat Source to reduce tubing and seal connector needed. Butane Torch and Ratcheting Crimp tool recommended. Questions, please ask.
* There is no official UL Standard for 'waterproof' electrical connectors. Connectors would most likely fall in the IP67 range (IP - Ingress Protection, 6 - Totally protected against dust, 7 - Protected against the effects of temporary immersion between 15cm and 1m. Duration of test 30 minutes)